Wednesday 15 September 2010

Research on What makes a film unique

I have researched on different kinds of genres and I have been trying to figure out what makes each genre what it actually is. I am trying to find out what the key is to making a genre so obvious to discover. I am doing this because when I make my own short fim the target audience will realise straight away what the genre and the story line is about. I have an idea to do a short film of urban realism, so I have looked at several films that I watched to find out what makes the film an urban realist. There are two urban realist films that I have most enjoyed and they are kidulthood and bulletboy. The short film that I am planning to make is going to be inspired by these two films so I am trying to pick out what it is that makes these films interesting to watch and if i would put these things in my short film. When am making my film following the key codes and conventions is really important because this will help to make the film interesting. It also helps the audience to know exactly what kind of genre it is. I want to make sure that I follow the key code and conventions of my genre but I want to make my short film unique. This is because if I copy a story line out of a film then it wouldn't really be my idea. It will also make the target audience particularly bored because they are watching something very similar to what they have already watched before. So making my short film unique is one of the things that I will be focusing on so that the target audience will be kept guessing to what is going to happpen next. Here is a link to the film 'Bullet Boy'.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9HmGBQ9LK8 and here is a link to the film kidulthood.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdoKD4gTQ2c. I am comparing to the two films to acknowledge the key code and conventions of them and to know what aspects makes the film interesting and want the audience to find out what happens latter on. This will help me to understand a lot about the genre that I strongly feel good about to do my short film, urban realist. I have also dne some research on other genres to find out what makes them very unique to othe films. Each genre has their own way of making an audience want to find out more about the film so I decided that in order for me to be sure of what I want to do, I should check all genres. Part of making a film successful is to make the genre obvious so that the target audience will be able to follow the story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment