Sunday 14 November 2010

Filming session #

On friday my partner and I I started to shoot the first sceen of our film with the director Tunji. At first we thought that we were not going to shoot on that day because our casts that we chose to be in our film were late. Eventually two of our main characters came and one of them could not turn up because he was ill. This caused a lot of problems for my partner and I and because we needed to shoot that day we had to find another cast quickly in order to shoot. Tunji told us that finding another cast will not be easy because we needed a boy that was young in a school uniform and we will have to get permission from the head of year and also the parents. My partner and I found a boy that would suit our film and luckly he agreed to do it and we got permission from his parents and also the head of year. We were ment to start shooting at nine o'clock but due to the fact that our casts were very late and one was ill we had to start shooting our film at ten. The problem with this was that we only had the help of the director for two hours, from nine till eleven but this was now cut short to one hour so we had to get filming very quickly.

My main aim was to get throught two scenes but we could only get one scene done which was a bit annoying but we then suggested that we were going to film both scene 2 and scene 3 this week so that we would not fall behind in scheduel. During the process of filming we had to do a number of shoots for each shot just to make sure that when we come to edit our film we have a choice of which shot we like. Tunji told us that everytime we shoot a scene, we should press the record button and wait for 5 seconds before we shout action and the casts beging acting, he also said that when we hav finished shooting we should wait five more seconds afterwards so that when we come to edit our film it will give us time to cut out the bits we do not need. I think that the first scene went really well due to our brilliant acting of the casts and a little help from Tunji. Tunji was showing us the best way to postion a camera at certain times and it worked perfectly.

I thought that I had a really good session of shooting the film on friday because the weather was not very bad but it was quite low key lighting and this is how I wanted it to be because I wanted that to reflect the boys lives. I will have to make sure that when I go to shoot the next scene the weather will be exactly the same otherwise the film will not flow properly.

My shooting schedule for this week is uncertain because my partner is ill which means I will now have to do things myself and also it depends if my casts will be able to make it. I will have to make sure that my casts are wearing the exact same thing that they wore on friday so that the film flows properly. It is crucial that I get all my scenes done this week so that I can start editing my film next week. I have made arrangements with my casts to film on saturday and it this is fine by all my casts which means that day should be the last day that I film. I will need to find a day this week other than saturday when I can film and I will need to make sure that my casts are available.

So what I am planning to do this week is to have finished shooting my film and then next week start editing it. One of the issues that I am having with filming this week is that the weather might not be the same and I will need the right facilities for that day. Tunji told me that the cameras that we are using are not really very up to standard in terms of sound. My film needs a lot of dialogue which means that the chracters will need to know their lines and be very clear in what they are saying, however Tunji told me that the camera will pick up every other sound that there is around. The problem with that is I will have to put the camera quiet close to them if I want to pick out their voice. If there is another sound coming from somewhere else and it is very loud then it will overtake what my characters has to say which means I will have to shoot that scene again.

This week am going to be more organised because I have learnt from my mistakes from last week. Before I filmed my scene I did not have any of the characters numbers which means that I did not have a way to contact them on the day. If I did have their numbers then I would be able to know if they were pulling out or they are still going ahead with filming with my partner and I. I havce found out that it is my responsibility to see whether they are ready to film or not instead of putting the responsibility on them. This week I am going to make sure that I contact all my casts in order to make sure that they are going to shoot the next scene.

My partner has been ill for quiet a while so I will not know if she be well enough to shoot with me on the day which means that I will need a back up partner to help me. I have already chosen a back up partner and he said that he is very happy to help me if my partner will not make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment