Sunday 5 December 2010

research on differents fonts for films

Today I have been researching on the different kind of fonts that suit the type of genre or the type film. I have been looking at this because I would need to know what kind of fonts would be suitable for my poster that I am doing at the moment. Since I have chosen an urban realist film to produce I had to make sure that my poster would be appropriate to advertise the film. I took a look at severtal urban realist films. I took a look at the fonts of bullet boy, kidulthood and This is England. Each film poster have their own unique style of selling their film. All of them have different fonts and it is well suitable for the film. I have taken some of the ideas of This is England with the image of the 5 stars on the poster and putting quotation on top of it to give it a sense that it was a viewer that watched it. I have created my own font because I did not think that any of the fonts that I looked at was appropriate for my film. For the title I used a graphitic type of style to give it a urban realist look.

No comments:

Post a Comment