Thursday 2 December 2010

Making Poster for Film

In my last media lesson I spent my time making my poster for the film the I was making. Firstly I went on google to research on the different types of posters that urban realist films have. I did ths because I too am doing an urban realist short film so I thought it would be good to look at the key codes and convention of th poster. The research I did was done in order to ive me an idea of how I should make my poster. Ichecked out a couple of urban realist film posters such as This is England, Bulletboy and Adulthood. I looked at the use of colours that was shared on the poster, the ue of imagery and I also took look at the way the page is layed out. It was very interesting to see how each of the urbn realist film posters I looked at had their own unique style to it however you could tell that it was an urban realist film. The use of props and colour that was used in these posters were very deliberate in order to give away the type of genre te film is without actually having to watch the film.To create my poster I used Photoshop because I ammore comfortable with using it. Firstly I looked at the type of fonts that these posters had so that I could try to follow the key code and conventions of the genre. I chose a font for the title before looking at the realistic posters. I learnt tht the fonts are very crucial when making the poster because it has to suit the genre of your film and what your film is about. In my film the main charcter is a teenage boy and a 12 year old boy and the type of font I chose seemed to lok very victorian which did not suit th style ofmy film or the genre. It came to my attension that I shuld have a kind of youthful graphitic look to the title and this worked out much better as i does suit the style of the film and als suit the genre.

I have not finished the poster because I only had an hour. I have made a bit of progress with itby adding the casts names and also the directors names. I will be working on the poster more so that I can get it out of the way and concentrate more on editing the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment